Careers Opportunities at Woodhams Farm Day Nursery
A current, minimum Level 2 qualification in Childcare ideally, but training is offered at all levels
Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding and food hygiene certificates would be advantageous
Are you organised and capable of working within a team or on your own? Do you have common sense and initiative, and are you able to have fun and to provide a caring and stimulating environment for the children?
Good Communication skills with colleagues and parent/carers as well as children.
A working knowledge and experience in the EYFS would be an advantage but we will provide training. Adaptable and willing to learn new skillsKnowledge of Nursery environment would be helpful
A passion for working with children is vitally important
Keyperson responsibilities. Daily risk assessments
Planning, evaluating and resourcing – working to provide for the childrens individual needs and development
We need you to have fun with the children, and build relationships with them and their families leading to successful and caring safe play environment
Nursery open 50 weeks a year. Generous additional holiday package. Great working environment. Plenty of outdoor space. Free parking, but also on a bus route.
Woodhams are currently recruiting! We are looking for someone to offer the following...
* You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
* You must be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand, or you don't find funny!
* You will preferably have a little bit of quirkiness. If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be!
* You must feel comfortable telling everybody in the same room as you, that you are going to the toilet!
* The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
* You must be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
* Possessing the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of the utmost importance.
* Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing.
* You must have a high level of comfort around talking about bodily functions. You must have a strong sense of smell to enable you to respond to said bodily functions.
* Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
* You must have the ability to read a ten page fairytale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
* You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
* Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like this one.
If the above sounds like you and you have a qualification in Early Years or the ambition to train in this area, we would love to hear from you!
We look forward to hearing from you soon